Hotel Miralago has been awarded by the Lombardy Region as a Shop of Historical Importance.
The building arose from Mr Angelo Arrighetti’s goodwill and passion. Mr. Angelo, coming home from the Great War, without any job but helping his family farmer activity, tried to find his own scope and started to work as a Chef in a Hotel by the Lake Iseo; in 1928 his family started a new business, a guest house, renting rooms to families from Crema, who used to holiday on the plateau, in the building placed in “via IV Novembre” (now the hotel’s restaurant venue). In 1948 a bright idea dawned on: an ice-cream shop! Using the fresh and genuine products of the agricultural work, milk and butter, Angelo opened an ice-cream, achieving an instant success. Complying those good results, in 1950 he and his wife Lucia Rolandi launched a traditional restaurant (the wife, experienced worker by upper-class families, was an excellent help both in the kitchen and on the floor, welcoming the guest). Mr Arrighetti is a man with big ideas and projects, so since 1969 he has been realizing several interventions and renovations in order to expand the hotel and the restaurant business. First of all the building was made larger with the setting of a second floor and the guestrooms became 24. Then other facilities are built, such as parking, an elevator, a tennis court, a meeting room, arriving to the current form. Hotel Miralago managers set the guest as main interest of their work, giving a warm welcome and ensuring the most enjoyable stay ever, in a confortable, unforgettable environment, making everyone wishing to come back year after year! Refurbishment works, taken places along the years, has certainly enhance the image of the Miralago, nevertheless the tradition and the history of Arrighetti family is kept alive.